Day42 on the hike, time to look back a few days again


On my 42nd day hiking guess it’s about time to tell a bit about the last few days…
You are lucky, the bad weather put me on a short track through the valleys, so got a few hours and WLAN at Dominikushütte 👍👍

Running to fast… the time… it is so amazing how much I still enjoy the hike, the views, the nature, the valleys and the mountains… basically „life, the universe and everything“😉

The region I am in since a few days now is scratching the clouds, Hohe Tauern and Zillertaler Alps, lots of peaks with 3000m+ x , but mostly more professional equipment is needed to reach the top, steep climbing and hikes onto the last edges of the melting glaciers is needed. 

And the hikes from hut to hut are already a great experience and catching all of my daily power I am willing to deliver…

Regularly I touch heights around 2800m hiking and climbing from one mountain range to the next.

Every time you reach a „Joch“, the next amazing spectacular views are taking your breath away for a while, not that there is much breath left when you reach the top🙈

So I am collecting peaks that I may catch some time in the next years like the Gigalitz with just 3001m near the Greizer Hut.

It would have been 500m in height extra that day in difficult area, decided it’s too much, so I continued to the Hut and enjoyed the view on the melting Flootenkees glacier. 

A picture in the hut shows that 100 years ago the whole range was covered in ice and snow, now … nothing left anymore below 2800m. 

Locals say it’s melting faster and faster every year, and less snow falling as well, so there is not enough snow over the summer, that saves the lower ice levels from the sun, so no chance anymore to grow new ice… 

Instead the green nature is moving up the mountains more and more, they say you find flowers and plants now 2-300 meters up the mountains compared to 25 years back …

Is it good or bad…? Who can tell?


For sure the rivers down the line like Rhine or Donau will fall more often to lower levels, like we actually see these weeks.

Anyhow, amazing views, interesting people, interesting stories and just a great time.


As I said, since Zell am See I moved up a little higher, had quiet a few nights where I slept on around 2300 m above sea level,  I love this quietness up here, just the sound of nature,  like all those waters running down the cliffs and rocks, can be quiet noisy, but it’s such a great sound.

If I would underlay my journey with sound, it would be the sound of water… from those tiny little few drops and wet points, that very silently tell you, hey, I am pouring out here between the stones.




collecting a few of those it appears as a tiny gurgling sweet sound of a rinse, running down the grass, forming tiny little creeks, that collected all those rinsing drops.



Then it collects those tiny creeks into a bigger one that runs over some steep stone walls… until it all collects to bigger waterfalls, that create those stormy noises, spraying clouds of water dust left and right, all coming together in the valleys where each waterfall keeps the creek growing and growing.





That all comes from left and right, some tiny, small and silent, some others with a noise that says: Here I run down gurgling and easy going.

but  be careful of my real power! 

When the spring melts the snow, or a thunderstorm makes me grow, I will carry stones and trees and whatever else is in my way. I own and create the canyons! 


And looking into those empty, or just rinsing river beds you can see the power and force, that those little dripping creeks can develop if they want.



So where am I at the moment:

Zillertal, it comes in combination with water, the huge ranges collect it all year round, this major range goes from East to West, and here it also creates the border line between Austria and Italy

And quiet often also a borderline for the weather …

Building huge dams they use all this water to produce electricity for more then only the region.


They basically catch all major creeks in the dams and run it into water turbines.


The lakes indeed look amazing and are a real tourist magnet…


As you can see, I experience all this nature at the base, being out here all day long I open all my senses to this wonderful world: 


I let the pictures speak, even if they do not show how it looks in real… maybe a better camera next time…



Some clouds moving in …


Summer Flowers


The color of water



Clouds that make you decide for The Valley detour 


Night falling in at Edelhütte 


Last ice melting 


The wall… 


What a wonderful peak … Gigalitz Tower



Somebody’s watching me? 


Hikes in the valleys 


Refreshing bathtubs on 2600m


Water never stops… an early morning shot


Looking down 


Glacier at Berlin Hütte in 1911…


....and today



Chilling at the hut


Water collecting lakes 


3 huge glaciers into one creek below Berlin Hut


One of those slightly steeper climbs 


Sun is down 



My last places where I was staying for the night
05.08. Bürglhütte
06.08. panorama Alm

07.08. alpengasthof Geisl

08,08. Krimmler Tauernhaus 

09.08 Zittauer Hütte

10.08.Richter Hütte

11.08. Plauener Hütte

12.08. und 13.08.  Pension Obermair  In Mayrhofen 1 Tag Pause

14.08. Edelhütte

15.08. Kasseler Hütte

16.08. Greizer Hütte

17.8. Alpenrosenhütte

18.8. Dominikushütte

19.08. Pfitscher Joch Haus

20.08. Europahütte




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking back to an unforgettable adventure Part 1 - summary-

What happened until August

Day 23 On my way to the Dachstein region